There may be a few reasons that a Commander is uncertain about the rewards they've received. The following guide will help explain what types of rewards can be earned.
- Difference between guaranteed and possible rewards
- Difference between unit samples and Data Fragments
- Difference between Equipment Upgrades and Units
Guaranteed and Possible rewards
Crates rewarded from conflicts will list the type of data fragment that you're guaranteed toreceive. In the image below, Elite Data Fragments are the guaranteed type.
Below that line are some of the Elite Data Fragments that you could receive. In the image below, this is the Modified INT-4 Interceptor Data Fragments, Shoretrooper Data Fragments, and Heavy Shoretrooper Data Fragments. Note that these are only some of the Data Fragments you could receive–there are others also available within the crate.
Unit Samples and Data Fragments
Unit Samples and Data Fragments are two different types of rewards.
- Unit Samples: Troops that you receive without having to train or spend resources. They are not capped by your Headquarters' level, and will no longer be available after being deployed.
- Data Fragments: Appearing as gold, blue, or silver discs, these will unlock units or equipment upgrades for units/buildings.
Unlocking a unit happens automatically when the necessary Data Fragments have been collected, while managing equipment upgrades you've unlocked can be done in the Research Lab.
Data Fragments: Equipment Upgrades and Units
Data Fragments can reward you with equipment upgrades or units:
- Equipment Upgrades: Displayed on a gold, blue, or silver grid background. These will upgrade a unit or building.
- Units: Displayed on a gold background with no grid. Data Fragments can unlock further upgrades for these units.