The Galactic Civil War's Commanders are entrusted with unique troops, vehicles, and starships. These special units can be unlocked and upgraded by earning Data Fragments through various activities such as Conflicts.
After level 6, Commanders with an armory building can also purchase Crates from the shop that will contain Data Fragments. Data Fragments can be used to unlock the following:
- Empire Unlocks: TIE-Advanced - A newly developed advanced prototype of the TIE Starfighter line, these starships are equipped with a highly sophisticated target tracking system, making them extremely useful against shields of equal level
- Rebel Unlocks: A-Wing Starfighter - The Rebel Alliance uses A-wing Starfighters to support ground forces. Their powerful weaponry employs an advanced targeting system, concentrating firepower to dispatch particle shields of equal level.
- Empire Unlocks: VT-49 Decimator - Receiving command of a VT-49 Decimator is considered an honor in the Imperial Navy. Used as a raiding vessel, this ship drops firebombs which burn a moderate area. It is most effective against infantry.
- Rebel Unlocks: HWK-290 - Originally manufactured without weapons, this HWK-290 freighter was outfitted to drop incendiary bombs. The bomb blast affects a moderate area, making it most effective against infantry.
- Empire Unlocks: Shock Trooper - Pulled from the Stormtrooper corps and equipped with powerful shield-piercing rocket launchers, these specially trained elite troops destroy traps and walls, clearing the way to the enemy HQ.
- Rebel Unlocks: Rebel Vanguard - Vanguards field powerful PLEX rocket launchers, designed to bypass shields and destroy from a distance. These path-clearing troops are specially trained to seek out and destroy traps.
- Empire Unlocks: MTV-7 - More stable but less protected than an AT-ST, the MTV-7 is quick and well suited to attack resource buildings. Upon deployment, the pilot targets the closest turret with an ion blast, greatly reducing its damage for 15 seconds.
- Rebel Unlocks: AT-RT Walker - Upon deployment, the pilot targets the closest turret with an ion blast, greatly reducing its damage for 15 seconds.
- Empire Unlocks: Johhar Kessen - Using a Magnetic Pulse Cannon attached to his rifle, he fires a powerful shot that passes through multiple targets at once, dealing extreme damage to enemy ground units & structures.
- Rebel Unlocks: Johhar Kessen - Using a Magnetic Pulse Cannon attached to his rifle, he fires a powerful shot that passes through multiple targets at once, dealing extreme damage to enemy ground units & structures.
Related article: How do I relocate to a new planet?